Monday, May 26, 2014

ICAD: Looking Back


In my last post I shared my anticipation of this years ICAD Challenge. Today I picked out a few of my favorite cards from the past three years to share with you. I tried hard not go crazy but if you would like to see more check out my ICAD Flickr album or better yet the Daisy Yellow Challenges group on Flickr


I get a kick out of doodling my name each year. It makes me think about how I could never find personalized items with my name when I was a kid.


The card below is the 2nd card I made and I still love to play with color combinations. So where is card number 1? I found it here on the blog in this post


Houses are a personally meaningful image for me. These cards were a fun series. You can pick a theme, image, material or technique to play with for a while and feel free to change it up at any time. 


Often the simplest approach appeals to me the most. All of these cards are a combination of simple materials, like doing a daily creative warm up.


 





Some cards are mini journal pages in and of themselves.


Some are just plain fun.


Last year I was doing a 365 Project focusing on mail art. My focus and interest was recharged by combining the two challenges. 



You can learn more about the challenge and joining in at 
Daisy Yellow's ICAD FAQ.