Monday, February 3, 2014

#365ArtJournal: Inspiration

Be inspired by another artist

materials used include watercolor crayon, watercolor brush pen, colored pencil, water soluble pencil, paper and fabric scraps, stencil

My page for this weeks challenge was inspired by the work of Sarah Ahearn Bellemare. You can see her lovely work at sarahearn.com. She is also the author of Painted Pages

The idea of this week's challenge was to take something from your inspiration stash (Pinterest or in my case my inspiration collage book) and let it inspire your work. 


I was suddenly motivated to do just that when I came across another clipping of her work from a Somerset magazine. Her color palette and the use of collage, paint and loose drawings appeal to me. Love the way she uses (my favorite) letter stencil and her elegant signature on her work.