Saturday, March 9, 2013

Four from One

Oh my, here's another (slightly older) post I never published. I knew I wrote great blog posts in my head but apparently I also type them up and forget to publish them as well. Well here you go. I really enjoyed this approach and I should do it again. I am still working out of the same box of bits...

I'm trying to use up some of the art supplies I have stocked up. Mostly just as a motivator to loosen up and enjoy making art regularly. I have a box of paper scraps, too small for much more than a  tag or jotting down a note. I've been playing with various ways to assemble them back into a larger sheet again. I've been sewing up patchwork pages for my journals. I  also wanted to try using them to collage a large sheet to work on then cut it up resulting in four postcards. This approach was inspired by Karen's collages at I am Rushmore.