Sunday, March 10, 2013

Daily Journal



There's been a lot about mail here lately. So I thought I would share a bit of my daily journaling habit. As I have shared before, I enjoy binding my own journals but I also love composition and Moleskine journals. They are my go to when life is busy. Both for a ready made journal and for the one basic creative practice I do daily no matter what. It's really been a crazy day if I haven't done something in my daily journal. It goes everywhere with me and includes everything from to do lists to collages of daily ephemera. I don't tend to share it because it is personal, often mundane and I use clippings from magazines of other peoples art and photos that inspire me. Here are a few collage pages from one of February's journals.  


I have been enjoying the prompts from The Art Journaler. February was #mysecretgarden.


Create is my word for the year and I choose from a list of companion words each week to reflect on as well. 


Today I spent some time prepping a new journal for the remainder of March. I choose a group of supplies to use. I enjoy a color theme and some elements that will carry thorough out the book. Each one seems to take on it's own personality. I am sure this one will reflect my eagerness for Spring. 


 I've found I prefer doing some work ahead like dating the pages and a bit of cut and paste. It's nice to be greeted by a page that's ready for you and what you have to add. 



Do you have one thing you turn to no matter how little time there seems to be for the activities that renew you?