Sunday, January 27, 2013

Letter Journal Collaborative Project



I'm enjoying a variety of daily projects this year. For the month of February, I am participating in a challenge I heard about through the Letter Writers Alliance blog. It's called A Month of Letters. Each day there is mail service I will be sending out at least one letter, post card or piece of mail art. I have dug through my stock pile of stationary, gathered a few other supplies and even purchased some of the new Global Forever stamps. I started a Postable account where contact information can be shared in a secure way.

Then I had an idea or rather an idea came back to me. Another goal for this year is to do a collaborative project. I had seen these cool postal notebooks and thought this could be a way to do one. So I am taking the plunge and starting a small notebook with an entry. I will mail it out as my first letter on February 1. I will randomly select an address from my correspondence list. (If you would like to be on that list add yourself here or email me.)I hope those who receive the journal will add their own art, letter or journal entry and pass it along. 

What's your favorite thing to receive in the mail? Have you ever done a collaborative project through the mail?