Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 15: Finale



If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint",
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
- Vincent Van Gogh


Now I can reveal the work done on day 13 and 15. I've decided the piece is done and I am very pleased. I really enjoyed the process and taking it one small step at a time helped me let  go of any prejudgments of the piece. It also feels good that in my limited creative time that I was able to start and finish a project on my "wana do that" list. 


detail shots  of the painting


materials and techniques included: acrylic paint, ink, airbrush ink, contact paper stencil, foam stamps, book text, wall paper, hand dyed fabric, altered black and white photo, sewing pattern tissue paper, image transfer, gel medium, gesso, brayer, bubble wrap


I think I will continue the same idea on another project. I've been wanting to get back into the altered book journals I have started. I have been doing an Open Windows reflection for my Advent journal. It has inspired me to continue the practice into next year in my art journal. 

It's that time of year when I start to reflect back on the past months and anticipate the new year to come. I took a look back at the blog posts from this time last year. We were having a lot of fun building a rainbow among other things. What are your rituals for wrapping up this year and bringing in the next?