Monday, October 29, 2012

How I Spent My Weekend

After recovering from a less than pleasant illness acquired last weekend, I am happy to report this weekend was much better spent. I used some of my recovery time to ponder deep, meaningful subjects like what were my favorite things about past journals I had made for my daily use. What did I want and need in a current journal. Here's the current answer to my questions. 

cover consists of a reclaimed  book cover, paper cloth,
upholstery sample, and elastic pen holder

 a wide variety of papers make up the three signatures of the book

orange thread features through out the book on machine stitched papers 
and the waxed linen used for binding

Here's a short video flip through the pages of the book:


Suggested Inspirations



Mary Ann Moss' ever inspiring blog Dispatch from LA and workshops - Full Tilt Boogie and Remains of the Day

My own June and July Journals