Monday, July 2, 2012

Mail Art Bound

Inspired by Karen at iamrushmore, I decided to bind mail art I received from a couple of swaps into a book.   


I have a wire curtain line with clips from Ikea in the studio. I love to hang the mail I receive on it to be viewed and enjoyed. Only downside is I can't get a decent picture of it. And it does eventually get full, which is not a downside but does require the mail to move along.


I used the Arc binder and rings but made my own covers. I also played around with ways to bind the postcards without having to punch the holes directly in them. The same things could be done with a 3-ring binder as well. 


I really like the idea of a book for storing, protecting, viewing and sharing the art. 










I'm really happy to have completed the book. It was started quite a while back. Everything was done except one final step. 

I have made a, thankfully short, list of projects I can complete with just a little time focused on them. That's my goal for this quiet week at home.