Sunday, April 15, 2012

Life in Progress

I started working in the Coptic bound journal I stitched up during the Creativity Queue Challenge. This spread is probably still in progress but here's a peak. 


I'm just loving the pattern beside the postage stamps. The pages of the book are sheets out of a pad of watercolor paper. I painted them before binding. Do you even fixate on a small detail in your work feeling like you just saw it for the first time?


I've been having fun using Instagram on my Android phone these last few weeks. It's cool to see what you can do with it and other photo apps. Some of my favorites are Retro Camera, BeFunky and Vignette. You can check me out at Instagram if you have the app (@taylormaide) or on the web at Followgram. I think I like it so much because it is creative like art journaling. It's not really about the best camera equipment or photography technical know-how, more about capturing a moment, composition or documenting your life. I love seeing the photos people share through their day. 

What's your favorite way to alter or share your photos?