Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Creativity Queue Challenge - Day Six

We're steaming along on Day Six of the Creativity Queue Challenge. 
Today I am revisiting Day Three's project where I had almost finished sewing up this art journal of watercolor paper I had treated with some wet methods before binding. 


 So queue the music. Something good to listen to while you do one of those repetative but enjoyable tasks like sew in signature after signature of pages till you get to the end and then...


Voila. A journal ready to continue to be a work in progress but still past a very important stage. Now I can start to fill it with art journal pages full of goodies (and decide where to go next with cover).


This Coptic binding has no board at the spine edge so it lays nice and flat, will accommodate a bit more thickness of stuff added to pages and just looks cool I think. 


So I chalk that one up to a completed project of sorts now that it has joined the Moleskine, Smash, spiral bound and composition journals. 


Head on over to Daisy Yellow  for Day 6 and check out links to other participants in the challenge. Stay tuned for a tutorial soon on the sewing cradle mentioned on Day Three. As soon as I get this Spring Break/doctor visit marathon week behind me and we will be in business. 

Happy Creating!