Friday, March 30, 2012

Tag, your it!


So have you heard of the Versatile Blogger Awards? I was really honored to be one of the bloggers listed by Tammy at Daisy Yellow because I admire her blog so much. Here's the basic rules...
  • Thank the person who gave you the award. 
  • Include a link to their blog. 
  • Select 15 blogs to share and nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  • Then tell 7 things about yourself.
My Nominees - 
It's been on my to do list to create a link page as part of some changes to the layout of the blog (you'll find all my nominees listed there). So what better time than now. They are some of my favorite blogs to visit and the list keeps growing.

7 Things about Me - 
  1. I'm one of three girls and the baby in my family. 
  2. I played clarinet and then flute in elementary school band. 
  3. I have a thing (read: insatiable need) for Mt. Dew. 
  4. My sewing machine was my high school graduation gift. 
  5. The kiddos and I love to have tuna sandwiches with chips and dill pickle for lunch every week. 
  6. My husband's a better cook than me and I'm perfectly okay with it. 
  7. I love to be at home. 

Also it seems there was a game of blog tag afoot and Cat at sea.sky.stone tagged me and 10 others.  

The Rules
...you must post the rules
...answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you
...create 11 questions to ask the people you tag
...tag 11 people
...let them know you've tagged them 

Rule one - check.

Rule two - Here's Cat's questions for me:
  1. What's the first art you remember making as a child? It would probably be setting with my Mom at the machine and her letting me sew on paper. 
  2. Pick a bouquet: Roses or wildflowers? Wildflowers
  3. Do you speak more than one language? Not unless "Southern" is considered a language.
  4. How many unfinished projects are on your art table? Over a dozen (way over). 
  5. Peanut butter: extra crunchy, crunchy or creamy? Creamy 
  6. What's your "if-you-were-stranded-on-a-deserted-island-and-could-only-have-one-song" song? Had to really think about this one and I've decided it would be Gershwin's An American in Paris. It makes me happy and I don't think I would get tired of it. 
  7. Reading preference: fiction or non-fiction? Both, usually reading one of each. Fiction before bed though 'cause if I read an art book, I will be up all night in the studio playing. 
  8. The smell of bread baking, or the smell of freshly ground coffee? Another hard one. I have to go with bread baking. It's a strong childhood memory. 
  9. In five words or less, what does creativity mean to you? It's a way of life. 
  10. What animal do you think you most look like? I would play the part of the turtle. 
  11. What art techniques have you never tried, but want to...? Letterpress Printing
Rule three - my 11 questions (in honor of my blog anniversary tomorrow):
  1. What motivated you to start a blog?
  2. What's kept you blogging?
  3. What's your favorite part about blogging?
  4. What's your least favorite?
  5. What is a goal you have for your blog this year?
  6. What's something you think your readers might not know about you from your blog?
  7. If you were to pick one pursuit/hobby/interest to start a whole 'nother blog about, what would it be?
  8. What do you consider the most important part of blogging for you? 
  9. Do you celebrate your blog anniversary?
  10. How long have you been blogging?
  11. What would be your advice for someone thinking of starting to blog?
Rule four - I'm tagging...
Once again, check out the Link Page and pay them a visit to say hello. Several of them have already been tagged or nominated so check out their posts for more great blogs to visit. I plan to stop by to let them know their blogs inspire me. Perhaps they have someone they would like to pass the compliment on to as well. 


What are your favorite blogs? Recently discovered a blogger your excited about? Do you have any favorite blog hops or other forms of community sharing online?