Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stacks and Stacks


I found myself inspired to tackle a few stacks needing some organization. It sounded fun, if I could take some photos along the way to share with you. It even gave me a chance to note some trends about my journal keeping. 

A stack of started art journal pages (backgrounds ready to go)...


A stack of (some) current art journals...


A stack of completed art journal pages.


A stack of completed journals.


I enjoyed looking at the completed journal pages I have made over the last year. I really find that some distance makes me look at my artwork in a different light. It's like the Critic is on break and Nostalgia is filling in for him. I don't see the things I would do differently. I remember how much fun it was and it motivates me to get back to work.

I have been keeping personal journals for many years now. The box above is mostly full of composition books and spiral journals that recorded my life in to do lists, diary entries, notes, doodles and more. It's obvious to me I have a strong liking for composition books as a binding and notebooks that size in general. I found it interesting that the stack of books I had bound myself, mostly Coptic bindings, were started and not completed. I am excited to get back to doing some bindings this year. I have at least two in the works and I look forward to sharing those with you soon.

You will want to be sure to check out these stacks as well.

Do you have a box full of journals or a stack of pages? Has revisiting them given you any insights you've found useful?