Thursday, January 12, 2012

Doodling like mad

 Strathmore Workshop: Doodles Unleashed by Traci Bautista
 I heard about this free workshop from a few friends and decided to check it out. I am glad I did. And I am really glad I took some time last week to work on a piece with the process from lesson two. It's a big sheet of paper so here are four scans of various sections. 



I have been working on loosing up with the paint brush so these lessons have been good for me. I went crazy on this exercise and tried a lot of my supplies to see what I liked - markers, oil pastels, watercolor pencils and crayons, pens - you name it. I think I used one of everything I have.



 Again it is a free workshop and you can watch the video lessons and download files at your own pace. Each Monday a lesson is posted so several are available already.

Check out Roben-Marie Smith's post Beyond Doodle Painting and see the cool things she did with her painting from Lesson 1.