Monday, January 30, 2012

Digital Image Organization: A Learning Process

For this post to make any sense you might want to read this post at Daisy Yellow first if you haven't already.

Here's how I created this post -

I made a doodle.
I wanted to share it with you so I scanned or photographed it.
I saved or downloaded it onto my computer.
I gave it what seemed like a sensible file name and saved it in one big file for online back up later.
I opened the image with Picasa and added some tags to the image (ex. doodle, comp journal).
I uploaded the image to this post.


Click on image to view a larger version. 

Here's what I need to do - 
Replace our old digital camera. 
Use software that will allow me to edit (compress, tag) files. 
Decide on a system for useful image file names. 
Move over our older scattered files to the new system for back up.