Monday, January 16, 2012

Creative Week in Review

If you found your way here from Creative Every Day, Welcome! This will be my first year to participate in sharing a link there. I have been working on {building} a daily creative habit over the last year and it feels good! Sharing at CED feels like a good way to step that commitment up this year.

A little about me - I'm a stay-at-home mom with a toddler and one in elementary school. I have an art degree but found my way into the insurance industry until a couple of years ago. Now, I am exploring my passions of art and my children. Sharing here is my way to keep my creative goals on track and {build} a community. Here's what I have been working on this past week.

  • Fused Plastic - been trying some techniques from Sew Wild by Alisa Burk. I fused up a couple of pieces, Now to paint and stitch on them. Have you ever used this process before?
  • Glue Resist Fabrics 
  • Daily Page Layout - Since to-do lists don't have to be boring, I did up a doodle for a daily page for use in my  new journal/planner/diary.


I was inspired to rethink my schedule after reading this post
  • Backgrounds and Decorative Papers - Unless there's something I am chomping to get at in the studio, I usually start with a creative warm up like adding another layer to some papers. 

Whew! That seems like a very full week. It was very enjoyable but in reality I spend just an hour or two each day. I am very thankful for for that creative time, but I have learned not to wait for the "ideal" whole day in the studio but to make the most of the time I have. It really does add up.