Friday, December 2, 2011

Orange you lovely?

Orange you glad I didn't say banana? What's up with the orange puns?

It's just me, silly and excited this Friday afternoon in the studio. I have been very inspired by Daisy Yellow's Building a Rainbow. My young children are a big part of my life and their books, songs, activities all inspire me. I have been thinking about doing a book akin to children's clothe books for a while. This focus on color was just what I needed to get the ideas rolling. So without further rambling - here is my contribution for one of today's colors - ORANGE!

Materials and techniques include: watercolor paper, watercolor crayons, recycled paperback pages, tourist guidebook page, index cards, acrylic paint, carved stamp, hand dyed fabric, batik paper, machine and hand stitching, rivots


I think this fellow is destined to be a page in the book so you may see it reincarnated again before long. Don't forget to check out the rest of the orange and yellow. Oh, and tomorrow I think I may have a special guest.