Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday in the Studio

Don't tell anybody, but Friday's are my day in the studio. If at all possible, I squeeze in a few hours during the day or stay up a little later to play. I look forward to it all week and think about what I want to get into that day. What am I planning to drag out.


It has been a few years since art school and life has taken me to different homes with varied studio spaces. I have packed, moved, culled, and lost things along the way. Most everything that is left is used on a regular basis. (Okay, I still haven't found a good home for the huge box of natural fibers left from my early weaving classes.) One thing I have not been able to let go of has been my silk screens. And I dug them out last Friday. 





It really was like reuniting with an old friend. So happy to see them and you seem to pick up just where you left off. And I plan to get together again soon. We have some lost time to make up for.