Thursday, July 28, 2011

UNTITLED Journal Page

This is the journal page I worked on last night. I think it is finished but we will see. It feels a bit muddled but that was the mood I was in, tired and a bit disgruntled. I chose untitled because it is mostly just about those feelings and how creating is a conversation with myself, a way to journal visually. Sometimes words are a natural part of that and sometimes you simply feel. 


Materials and techniques used include handmade and scrap paper and paint chip, acrylic paints, white gesso, Tsukineek walnut ink, Crayola Slick Stix, Pentel Microfine Superball pen, colored pencils



On a bit lighter note, this is my 9th day of my personal creativity challenge.
 (I need to add a counter to the blog or some other way to keep that count. It is an important point for me. Consistency, keeping at it over time without so may starts and stops. None the less I am getting a bit tired of stating that everyday. I will see what I can come up with in that regard.) Creating has always been a part of my life in some form such as sewing, cooking, and I have had some fun playing with the retro style camera apps you can download for your phone. Here are photos of today's journal page in a few styles. Enjoy!