Friday, July 29, 2011

PERSONAL PALETTE Art Journal Page

This journal page is one I have been working on for a few weeks. It is a three-fold construction or triptych. I was working from a creative exercise to gather colors, patterns, and other clippings to create a personal palette. I took the idea a bit farther in scale adding imagery such as the house, materials and the structure that to me are just as much a part of my personal palette as a simple selection of colors. It was a good exercise in digging into what is really authentic to my palette as an artist.


Techniques and materials used throughout the piece include a variety papers and  fabrics, hand and machine stitching, metal and wire, door key, glass bottles, seed pods, beads, computer key, game piece, tickets, plastic sushi grass, feather, bottle cap, markers, acrylic paint, foam stamp, and white gesso.



Being that this is not a flat journal page, it was more of a challenge to photograph. Working on a better set up for photographing my work in on the to do list. I am sure there will be some better photos soon but I couldn't wait to share it till then.