Saturday, April 11, 2009


I love when nature creeps up on you and hits you over the head. I sat a hanging fern down on the porch to water it and staring back at me is a perfectly constructed nest with 3 small blue eggs nestled inside. I had to share my discovery with my five year old and then we carefully hung the plant back up. I sit here on the computer and can hear the birds singing out on the porch. Perhaps momma bird? The photo I used in this collaged page for a book I am binding captured another such event. We were walking a trail in one of our favorite parks and my daughter stops to add some tiny gravels to the most unique little shrine. A dandalion had shed its pollen in a circle around it and the fine grass had been swept around to make the outer circle. Nature inspires me and uplifts me and humbles me.
Posted by Picasa